ALL THE INFO ON CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES TOURNAMENT
ROUND ROBIN FORMATS& FIXTURES – 2016
Due to the disjointed nature of the end of the 2016 competition, the start of the Championship Series Tournament will also be staged in the staggered manner in which the competition finished.
Age Groups/Divisions who have finished their competitions, will see their draw published by Tuesday 26/7/16, look under the 2016 Championship Series Tournament for your fixtures in the Competitions tab of our website)
Age Groups/Divisions who finish their competition on Monday night will see their draw published late Tuesday, Tuesday night finishes will see theirs on Wednesday and Wednesday night finishes will see theirs on Thursday.
Age Groups/Divisions who don’t play their final games until Thursday night, or over the weekend of 30 & 31 July will not play their first Championship Tournament game until the following weekend, and will not have spare weekend in the tournament series on which to rely upon for any washouts.
We will endeavour to re-schedule washed out games in the Championship in the week immediately after the washout. The re-scheduled fixtures are not negotiable for change, so please don’t ask. If in the very unfortunate event that the washed out replay is also washed out, we will award a 0-0 draw to both teams. The games will not be replayed.
The Association reserves the right to amend placings and fixtures in the event of a report of an incorrect score which has a bearing on the tables. Protests & subsequent changes will only be accepted up to 9am Friday morning prior to the first round of the Championship in each age/div.
The follow formats apply for 2016. Please refer to the “tables” tab on the Competitions link of our website to see where you’ve placed, to also know who you’ll be playing against in the Championship.
8 TEAM COMPETITIONS
- Each eight team division will be divided in two groups at the conclusion the regular competition.
- Teams finishing in positions 1,4,6,8 at the end of the league season shall participate in “Group A” Championship Series Tournament.
- Teams finishing in positions 2,3,5,7 at the end of the league season shall participate in “Group B” Championship Series Tournament.
- Championship Series Tournament matches are played in the same manner as the regular league season. Games may end in a win or a draw. There is no requirement for extra time or penalties in 6 or 8 team tournaments. If teams are tied at the completion of the match, the result is recorded as a draw.
- The team that finishes top of group A shall play the team that finishes top of group B in the season ending final.
- Where a bye exists in an eight team competition, the bye will be recognised as Eighth (8th) place.
PLAY OFF – 8 TEAM COMPETITION ROUND ROBIN FORMAT
|CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES TOURNAMENT 8 TEAM ROUND ROBIN FORMAT GROUP A|
|Week 1||First Place||V||Eighth Place|
|Week 1||Fourth Place||V||Sixth Place|
|Week 2||First Place||V||Sixth Place|
|Week 2||Eighth Place||V||Fourth Place|
|Week 3||First Place||V||Fourth Place|
|Week 3||Sixth Place||V||Eighth Place|
|CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES TOURNAMENT 8 TEAM ROUND ROBIN FORMAT GROUP B|
|Week 1||Second Place||V||Seventh Place|
|Week 1||Third Place||V||Fifth Place|
|Week 2||Second Place||V||Fifth Place|
|Week 2||Seventh Place||V||Third Place|
|Week 3||Second Place||V||Third Place|
|Week 3||Fifth Place||V||Seventh Place|
10 TEAM COMPETITIONS
- Age groups and divisions that have 9 or 10 teams competing are not able to use the same format as the 8 team competition as there are not enough weeks in the season available to play all the games.
- The League competition is completed at the end of round 18.
- Only the top 4 teams in the division will proceed to Championship Series Tournament.
- Non qualifying teams will finish their season at the end of round 18.
- The format used to determine finalists in a 10 team competition is;
- Team finishing 1st vs. Team finishing 4th winner to final, loser eliminated
- Team finishing 2nd vs. Team finishing 3rd winner to final, loser eliminated
- In 10 Tournaments, a result must be reached. In such cases, please follow the directions for EXTRA TIMEas outlined in the Finals Protocols on page 34.
SIX TEAM COMPETITIONS
- In Age/Divisions where there is a six team competition, the league season is completed after round 15.
- The division is split into Group A & Group B. Winners of the two groups meet in the final.
- Group A – teams finishing 1st, 3rd and 6th
- Group B – teams finishing 2nd, 4th& 5th
|CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES TOURNAMENT 6 TEAM ROUND ROBIN FORMAT GROUP A|
|Week 1||Sixth Place||v||Third Place|
|Week 1||First Place||v||Bye|
|Week 2||First Place||v||Sixth Place|
|Week 2||Third Place||v||Bye|
|Week 3||Third Place||v||First Place|
|Week 3||Sixth Place||v||Bye|
|CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES TOURNAMENT 6 TEAM ROUND ROBIN FORMAT GROUP B|
|Week 1||Fifth Place||v||Fourth Place|
|Week 1||Second Place||v||Bye|
|Week 2||Second Place||v||Fifth Place|
|Week 2||Fourth Place||v||Bye|
|Week 3||Fourth Place||v||Second Place|
|Week 3||Fifth Place||v||Bye|
SIX TEAM COMPETITIONS WHERE ONLY 5 TEAMS EXIST (6 TEAMS WITH A BYE ROUND)
The following format will apply for 6 team competitions where there are only 5 teams are competing. This format also requires a winner from each match. EXTRA TIME protocols must be followed in this format;
|CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES TOURNAMENT 6 TEAM ROUND ROBIN FORMAT (WITH BYE)|
|Week 1||Game A||Second Place||v||Third Place|
|Week 1||Game B||Fourth Place||v||Fifth Place|
|Week 1||Game C||First Place||v||Bye|
|Week 2||Game D||First Place||v||Winner Game A||Winner to Final|
|Week 2||Game E||Loser Game A||v||Winner Game B||Loser eliminated|
|Week 3||Game F||Loser of D||v||Winner of E||Loser eliminated|
|Week 4||Final||Winner of D||Winner of F|
Championship Series Finals Protocols
WHEN DOES EXTRA TIME APPLY?
- Only In Championship Series Final or where knockout Championship Series Tournament are played (where a winner is required – which in 2016 applies to O35/F1 & 10 team comps – U12/G/2, U15/1, AM/3, AW/1, U16G/2 & U17/2), matches that end in a draw at the end of regular time shall play an additional period of extra time to determine a result.
- If the match is still a draw at the conclusion of extra time, the game shall be decided by a penalty shoot-out as per Laws of the game.
- Extra time periods:
- U12-U14 extra time shall be five minutes each half.
- U15 and above, extra time shall be ten minutes each half.
- No break shall be allowed at the completion of the first period of extra time. The second half shall start immediately.