NEPEAN FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
AND AFFILIATED CLUBS
SIGN UP TO ANZAC CENTENARY COMMEMORATION
The Nepean Football Association and its 31 affiliated clubs throughout the Nepean District have signed up to ‘United We Stand’, a NSW Government initiative which encourages sports clubs to participate in local Centenary of ANZAC commemorations.
There will be no NFA organised football matches played in the Nepean district on Saturday, 25 April 2015 to respect the 100th anniversary of the Australian and New Zealand armed forces landing at Gallipoli peninsula in 1915, which marked the start of an 8 month long battle campaign that was the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War.
Meanwhile, on the following day, Sunday 26 April 2015, all 132 scheduled football matches played throughout the Nepean district that day will start with a minute’s silence as a sign of respect and a time for reflection to honour the sacrifice of those who had laid down their lives during the war. The Nepean Referees Group, currently at strength with 175 registered referees to start the season, will be coordinating the pre-match ceremonies throughout the district.
In addition, the Penrith RSL Soccer Club home field matches played at Jamison Park on fields 8 and 9 will host a special ceremony where the Last Post and Rouse will be played, interluded by a minute’s silence and introduced by the Vietnam Veteran’s Association’s State President, Mr Greg Cant.
“On the behalf of the Nepean Football Association and all 31 member clubs, I invite and welcome all spectators and families from our Nepean community to join with us in commemorating this ANZAC Centenary event” said Frances Refalo, President of the Nepean Football Association.
“This is a great initiative and the Nepean Referees Group is proud to be involved in this commemorative event organised by the NFA” said Graham Chapman, Manager of the Nepean Referees Group.
“I cannot recall an event of this magnitude being organised previously by our Football community. ANZAC Day is very special to me. I am honoured to be part of this special ceremony and welcome all our community to join with us and share the commemorative occasion” said Linda Cerone, Operations Manager, Nepean Football Association.
STATE CUP REFEREE FEES
2015 STATE CUP TEAM SHEET
2015 STATE CUP DATES
2015 STATE CUP VENUES
WE STILL HAVE A FEW POSITIONS LEFT
FOR ANY UNER 12 - 13 BOYS INTERSTED IN PLAYING SOCCER
PLEASE CONTACT GREG BUECHNER
2015 COMPETITION REGULATIONS
JUST A FEW NOTES FOR THE BEGINNING OF OUR SOCCER SEASON
1. IF YOUR TEAM IS THE FIRST TEAM TO PLAY ON THAT FIELD YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PUT THE NETS UP. IF YOUR TEAM IS THE LAST GAME OF THE DAY ON YOUR FIELD YOU ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE NETS DOWN .
2. MANAGERS ARE TO OBTAIN A TEAM SHEET FROM THE CANTEEN AND LIST EVERY PLAYER AND THEIR SHIRT NUMBER FOR BOTH TEAMS AND THEN HAND IT TO THE REFEREE.
3. IF YOU HAVE A REFEREE (BLACK & WHITE) FOR YOUR GAME, THE HOME TEAM WHICH IS ST MARYS BAND CLUB RANGERS FOOTBALL IS TO PAY A FEE OF 50% WHICH IS HALF OF THE NORMAL REFEREE FEE FOR A NORMAL GAME. PLEASE GIVE THE FEES AND YOUR TEAM SHEET TO THE CANTEEN AFTER YOUR GAME
4. ALL PLAYERS & SPECTATORS ARE ASKED TO KEEP THE GROUNDS CLEAN.
5. THE SMOKING AREA IS LOCATED NEAR THE WHITE LOG BESIDE THE CONTAINER.
6. DUE TO CHILD PROTECTION LAWS IF A PARENT/SPECTATOR WISHES TO TAKE PHOTOS OF THEIR CHILDREN PLAYING OR OTHERS IT MUST BE WITH THE CONSENT OF BOTH TEAMS.
IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN OUR SQUIRTS PROGRAMME,
KIYLE OUR SQUIRTS CO-ORDINATOR
ATTENTION ALL COACHES & MANAGERS FOR 2015.
If you are thinking about being a Coach or Manager for 2015 you will need to fill out an application on the net for
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK NSW.
This is a requirement for all adults who will be working with children either Paid personnel or Volunteers, Please click on the Link below, fill in you details and you will receive a receipt with an Application No. which you will then have to take to the RTA. to finalise your application.
For any Coaches Interested in the Grassroots courses they are about to kick off and now is the time for any New (&old) coaches to register.
Here’s the link to Nepeans latest web page article.
FOR INFORMATION REGARDING GOALKEEPING PROGRAMMES
PLEASE SEE LINK
PLEASE SEE LINK BELOW FOR REFEREES FEES FOR 2015